Four Ways to Free/Low cost Travel Around Greece...and not only!
FOUR WAYS TO FREE/LOW COST TRAVEL AROUND GREECE...AND NOT ONLY! By Liana Metal 1.Free lodging! Find a pen friend. Maybe you havenít thought of this. Itís the best solution to your budget problems, but you canít have it overnight! Greek people are...
Money Saving Travel Tips
Have you seen the T.V. commercial where they show that one passenger paid only a few hundred for his plane ticket while the person sitting next to him paid over a thousand? This is only one example of a truth that becomes all to apparent every...
Online Travel Statistics
The Travel Industry Association of America (TIA) released their annual Travelersí Use of the Internet study in December 2003. The study shows an increase in the number of people using the internet to research and book travel. TIA found that 30% of...
Travelers Checks Versus Debit Cards
My first time overseas, I had to exchange cash in $200 of travelers checks to pay a mountaineering guide who hadn't heard of American Express. The bank charged me $8. During the same trip, I used my debit card at an ATM to get $200 from my checking...
What you need to know about- madrid travel
The capital of Spain, pulsating city of Madrid is one of the eminent European cities that is famous for it's more than a few attractions. The city nestled in the middle of the Iberian Peninsula is thronged by people not just for its nerve-wrecking...
|Safe Travel In The US
Tips for traveling safely in the US
Are you planning to spend your vacation in the United States of
America? Have you processed your legal documents and all you're
waiting for is to go aboard the plane and start the dream
journey of your life?
Here are some tips that would provide you a safe tour to the US:
1) Legal matters. These are the safety measures provided by the
US Embassy for tourists.
* Before leaving your own country, you should register with the
U.S. Embassy. Provide them with your itinerary and copies of
your passport. This will ensure that your whereabouts are known
in case it is necessary to contact you during emergencies.
* Remember to have a valid passport. And if your travel requires
a visa, your visas should always be intact with the passport.
Remember to fill out all your information on the emergency page
located inside your passport.
* Be aware of all the local laws of the US. Always be reminded
that you should abide by the laws of the U.S Constitution.
* Make multiple copies of the identification page of your
passport. This will assist in the replacement of your passport
if it is stolen or lost.
2) Electricity. If you have brought appliances that would make
use of electrical systems, be aware of the voltages used with
* US residential use 115 volts of electrical systems operated at
60 hertz. If your electric appliances operate on different
voltages, you will need a voltage converter or transformer
before plugging the
* The main wall sockets in the US basically make use of 115
volts which looks like two parallel flat blades. Make sure to
match the socket with the device by purchasing a converter.
3) Basic Information.
* The official language in the USA is English.
* Used as measurements in road signs, temperature displays, and
tourist brochures are the imperial and metric system.
* It is customary in the US to tip for services. Tips average
from 10% to 20%, depending on the discretion of the person
paying the bill.
* Never leave your luggage unattended in public areas. Do not
accept any package from strangers.
* Prevent wearing eye-catching clothing and priceless jewelry to
avoid being a victim of crime. Do not carry large amounts of
money and credit cards of.
* Deal with official agents when purchasing art, antiques and
exchanging money. This would help in avoiding the violation of
* If you suddenly get into trouble, it is best to contact the
nearest U.S. Embassy.
Now you know the basics, it's your turn to enjoy your travel
legally and safely. Have fun.
About the author:
Jay is the web owner of http://www.airline-tickets.biz Discount Airline
Tickets, a website that provides information and resources
on vacations, airfare, hotels, and travel. You can visit his
website at: http://www.hotels-in.net Cheap Hotels